I jammed my finger playing basketball a few weeks ago.  I’ve rested my finger since then but still am unable to straighten my fingertip all the way.  Should I seek medical treatment or is it just going to stay this way?

Recent review of the literature suggests that you should go ahead and seek medical treatment.  Even though it has been awhile since your injury you are still within the successful treatment time-frame.  Your physician will more than likely refer you to a physical therapist or hand specialist to splint your finger.