I am a 56 year-old female and have had nagging shoulder pain for about a year now and have gotten to the point where it’s hard to put on my coat. My physician says it is calcific tendonitis. Is there something that can be done for me?

Calcific tendonitis is best treated conservatively by anti-inflammatories and physical therapy. Conservative treatment has proven to be best for this condition and you should give it three to six months prior to seeking more invasive types of procedures.